Sustain & Enable are impartial experts in designing and building healthy, efficient, accessible, low-waste, sustainable homes and helping people learn how to keep their homes and people they care about healthy.
Contact us today or download our Building or Developing Brochure to find out how we can help you with your project.
Sustain & Enable uses impartial expert advisers to give clients peace of mind that they are building to the right level of sustainability for their needs. Sustain & Enable works with builders, architects and other professionals to design and build sustainable buildings that achieve a minimum rating to a client’s requirements. We aim to make the process simple and easy.
High standards for insulation, ventilation, heating, and moisture control create a home that’s healthier to live in and cheaper to run. A healthier home means fewer days off work sick which is good for homeowners and tenants alike. An independent rating provides peace of mind and assurance to purchasers and tenants about the property’s warmth, efficiency and sustainability.
Sustainable buildings are definitely much cheaper to operate, but at Sustain & Enable we believe that sustainable homes should also be affordable.
Sustain & Enable will help you make smart, sustainable choices to make each project affordable—ideally inside your existing project budget.
• Save money on waste and development costs.
• Save money on ongoing energy and water bills.
For example: in Auckland, a minimum rated 6 Homestar home will likely be 38% more energy efficient than a home built to building code.
• Marketability: a warm, dry, healthy, efficient, high performing home is more attractive to rent or buy.
• Cost-effective way to lock in value throughout the building chain. Early engagement means it is easier to include smart design and sustainability principles.
• Increased consumer demand for healthier homes with lower running costs means more work for tradespeople capable of delivering these homes
• New Health and Safety legislation means liability for unhealthy, unsafe or insecure homes. We help you to avoid damp, mould, and air quality problems; good design reduces safety and security concerns.
Some site content is provided as a public service, but you can support the cause by becoming a member and enjoying access to our ever-growing on-line resource database.Read more
Join the team. We work with a range of organisations and activities that need the help of volunteers. Register with us and we can put you together with the right people.Read more
As with many community-focused enterprises, we rely in part on donations to continue to offer some services. Every little bit helps, please click here.Read more